Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Note on Pasta

A majority of nutritionists seem to agree that one of the biggest problems with the modern American diet is the overabundance of simple carbohydrates (carbs). Not all carbs, necessarily, but simple carbs.

One easy way to reduce simple carbs in most peoples' diets is pasta. I resisted for years switching to whole wheat pasta, because every time I tried it, it was awful. I couldn't stand the taste, and I couldn't stand the texture.

However, I found the key is to find the right brand. While white spaghetti is white spaghetti and there is virtually no difference between brands, there is a vast difference between brands for whole wheat spaghetti. After finding four or five, I found the right one for me and my family. The potential health benefits are well worth the time and effort to find the right brand for you.



Print this post

No comments: