Thursday, February 28, 2013

Slow Cooker Onion Gravy Pork Chops

This is the recipe I had meant to make when I did the Slow Cooker Creamy Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Potatoes.  It is quite tasty, though quite heavy on the saltiness.  If you don't like things pretty salty, you might want to do this with 6 or even 8 pork chops and increase the chicken broth appropriately.

I served it with Bacon-Braised Turnip Greens and Cauliflower with White Sauce and Cheese.





Ingredients:

  • 4 pork chops
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
  • 1 pkg onion soup mix
  • 1 pkg pork gravy mix
  • 1 c. chicken broth



Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in either freezer bag or slow cooker.  
  2. If freezing, move from freezer to refrigerator the day before you wish to cook it to allow it to thaw.
  3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6. 

Print this post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a salt fiend! So this is right up my alley. To quote someone, "salt is the engine of flavour".